Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bubbles and Brunch

Bubbles and Brunch
Bubbles and Brunch
image2
image1
Bubbles and Brunch
Last weekend my lovely cousin, Molly came up for a visit. She and my sister - Maddie - spent Friday night through Sunday at my apartment, and we spent most of Saturday exploring downtown Kenosha. There's still a lot we didn't get to, but I was glad we got to check a few things off my list of places to explore.

We got breakfast at Common Grounds coffee, and then took a nice long walk around the harbor. It's so pretty! Growing up on of my favorite books was Anne of Green Gables. For those of you that don't know, Anne lives on Prince Edwards Island. So when I lived with my parents, I loved that I could say I lived in a harbor town - even if it was an industrial harbor - but now my new town actually has a cute harbor area with coffee shops and restaurants and piers to walk on! There's even a vintage trolley where I took some of my graduation photos three years ago. I'm so excited to have this all so close to my home, and I'm going to try to stay really busy with it all this summer. I want to go to the beach, try some of the new restaurants near me, and take lots of pictures!

I know that every year I say "I think this is going to be a good summer!" but this time I know it will be, because I'm going to make it one.

Speaking of Anne of Green Gables, though - who else out there was sent into "the depths of despair" to hear about Jonathan Crombie's passing?? He brought such life to the character of Gilbert Blythe; and was such a talented actor, I know he will be so missed. RIP Gil.

Outfit Details:
shirt - Francesca's :: jeans - American Eagle Outfitters :: cardigan - Forever 21 :: shoes - Me Too :: purse - Francesca's :: necklace - gift from Maddie

1 comment:

  1. This looks like such a perfect day/weekend! I've never been to Kenosha but it seems to have a similar charm that a lot of other towns in Wisconsin have. Also, I don't know if it was intentional but I see you used one of these pictures as your blog profile picture and now it looks like it says "Bubbles & Katie". Made me laugh! Either way it's a good picture of you so whatevs!

    -Hannah | The Outfit Repeater

    ReplyDelete