Friday, June 6, 2014

Days are Good & That's the Way it Should Be // What I Wore

P
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  
I think the universe is on my side
Heaven and Earth have finally aligned
Days are good and thats they way it should be

~ Bright by Echosmith
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Am I the only one who feels like everyone is getting into relationships lately?? Miss Lauren of Someone Like You just recently a wrote a post about marriage/weddings and it - on top of all my friends newly changed FaceBook relationship statuses - has really got me thinking about the whole thing. One of these days I want to write a post about the whole "courtship vs dating" debate, but I don't want to get into that yet. 

I just always find it so interesting to hear people my age say they don't want to get married young - for as long as I can remember I wanted to be married young. My mom was married when she was 25 and had me immediately - and while I definitely don't always hold my parents' relationship as the ideal relationship, I know that I do want to have kids while I'm still young enough to run and play with them. 

After high-school all I wanted was a boyfriend. I was tired of being single and - quite honestly - just unhappy with my life and wanted a change. And then God changed my life. I can't explain it any better than just "God opened my eyes." I realized how miserable I was in my life and set about to change it. I started running, lost weight, got a better job, and just got happy with my life! All of a sudden I found that I didn't "need" a guy in my life as much as I thought I did. I found myself thinking that if it happened, great! But if not I'll be ok. I'm happy with who I am and where my life is going.

Having said that, I do still want to be married someday. I want that companionship and love and I still believe it exists (despite all the terrible examples I've seen and continue to see in my life). I also want to have kids, and I'm not about wasting my time in the mean time. I don't need a boy friend, but if I'm going to put time and effort into dating, it's going to be with someone who shares the same goals/values as me, and wants the same things I want in life. I don't need a boy friend, but if I'm going to have one it's not going to be just a fling. You know what I mean?

Anyway, those were just my late-night thoughts last night. I'd love to hear other thoughts on topic, so if you have any please comment and share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment