Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Just Love's Illusion // What I Wore

{skirt//made by me :: top//Talbots via T.J. Max :: wedges//Steve Madden :: purse//Francesca's :: necklace, bracelet and rings//borrowed from work :: sunglasses//H&M :: denim jacket//Francesca's lipstick//Revlon Colorburst Crayon Matte Balm in Unapologetic}
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

There was a time when I would have believed them 
If they told me that you could not come true 
Just love's illusion 
But then you found me 
And everything changed 
And I believe in something again
- I Choose You by Sarah Bareilles

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
This song plays at work from time to time and I'm totally smitten with it - it's such a catchy song!

This is what I wore to work on Saturday. We've had so many cute crop top/skirt combos come into the store lately that I decided to brave an attempt at one. I didn't hate it so that's great! I probably would have liked it more if it had been warmer out, but it was only 60-65 degrees despite the weather man's reports of a high of 80 degrees. Boo!

I was going to try to write a more editorial style post tonight, but I'm just not in the mood. One of the reasons I decided to start blogging again was that I missed having a record of my daily life. This place is the closest thing I have to a journal (just with more friends), and I really want that documentation of this year. From the very beginning I've felt like this would be a really big year for me, and so far it's living up to that expectation. I just feel so full and so happy and so alive. I'm seriously happier than I've ever been in my life.

There's a song we sing from time to time at my church. It's called Beautiful Things, and the chorus is:


You make beautiful things,

You make beautiful things out of dust.
You make beautiful things,
You make beautiful things out of us.


It's become one of my favorite songs, and not a little because I so see that in my life. Six months ago I was a wreck, and now I just feel so complete and happy... It's incredible, and I thank God every day for all He's done for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment