Saturday, October 4, 2014

Home


Today was my day off. Much as I love my job at Francesca's, it's nice to have a day to chill at home (especially since I'll be working all weekend). The day started with Chinese food for lunch while marathoning Supernatural with my favorite guy's arm around me; and after there was cake while I caught up on some of my favorite TV shows alone on my couch at home. It was a good day.

Did I ever mention that I moved out of my parents house last month? I don't think I did, but that happened.

I now live in Wisconsin. I think it's funny - it almost feels like fate, if I believed in that sort of thing, I mean. I've kind of always had a thing for Wisconsin. I love the northern-country-ish feel of it, and how woodsy it is. Even my graduation pictures ended up being taken in Wisconsin, and of course the renaissance faire is a huge selling point.

Now I'm twenty years old, and I just feel like my life fits in Wisconsin - if that makes sense.

When I was in high school I read the first three Anne of Green Gables books, and Anne of the Island quickly became one of my favorite books. In it, Anne goes away to college and ends up renting out a house called "Patty's Place" with three of her good friends and a cat. It was my favorite part, and I've always wanted to have something like that in my life. For the first time ever, I feel like I do. I may not have a cat anymore, but I have a church that I love just two minutes from my house; two of my best friends for roommates, and an amazing guy (who lives just ten minutes up the road).  I have a life here in Wisconsin. I have a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment